Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Book Talk Series: Memoirs of a Geisha

I had a wonderful time at our last book discussion meeting and have been hearing lots of positive things from other participants. I forgot to bring my camera to the last meeting and was having such a good time that once I realized I was "cameraless" I did not want to leave the room. Thanks to Nancy Hope from KU for leading a great program and to the Kansas Humanities Council for their financial support of the program.
I plan to have camera in tow on Thursday, October 5th at 6:30 p.m. when we meet to discuss "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden. Sara Jane Richter of Oklahoma Panhandle State University will be our discussion leader. From email correspondence with Sara she sounds to be quite enthusiastic about joining us here in Parsons. I will once again bring in a selection of teas and some surprising Asian snacks. Here are some websites for your perusal if you are needing more information about our book. Look forward to seeing you a week from Thursday.

BookBrowse

Random House

Skokie Public Library

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home