Thursday, October 06, 2005

New Adult Books

Here are some of the new adult books that just came in today:

Knife of Dreams by Robert Jordan, (Book Eleven in The Wheel of Time series)
The Known World by Edward P. Jones
The Planets by Dava Sobel
Symptoms of Withdrawal by Christopher Kennedy Lawford
Truth and Consequences by Alison Lurie
Warren Beatty : A Private Man by Suzanne Finstad (Large Print)
A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve

I was intrigued by the Warren Beatty and Christopher Lawford books because I always enjoy the picture sections in biographies and then after looking at the pictures I can't help, but want to read the book. While looking through the Warren Beatty I was thrilled to see a picture of Warren with William Inge. William Inge is from my hometown of Independence, Kansas and since its beginning I have tried to attend the William Inge Festival. William Inge wrote Splendor in the Grass which starred Warren Beatty and Natalie Wood. There are also lots of great pictures in the book of Warren with Natalie Wood. I read Natasha: the biography of Natalie Wood by Suzanne Finstad a couple of years ago so this new biography should compliment it well. Our library has the Natalie Wood biography and the video Splendor in the Grass available for checkout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home